Click here for Abstract Submission (PRESENTATION)
Click here for Abstract Submission (POSTER)
Click here for Registration for Las Cruces Community Participation
Zoom ID: TBA
International Conference on :
Advancing Science for the Greater Good
Saturday, April 09, 2022
New Mexico State University Las Cruces,
New Mexico 88003 United StatesNepalese Student Association (NeSA), New Mexico State University (NMSU) is pleased to invite students, scholars and researchers to submit presentation and poster abstract for its Thirteenth International Conference entitled “Advancing Science for the Greater Good.”
The NeSA conference is an annual program that has been organized by Nepalese Student Association since 2009. This year NeSA is organizing its thirteen annual international conference entitled “Advancing Science for the Greater Good”. The conference will mainly focus on the role of science and technology to create the opportunities for the greater good. The greater good is a broad term which signifies the benefit of the public, of more people than oneself. The science has helped boost workplace productivity, streamline complex systems, and connect us with the world instantly and many more. If we use science for the greater good, then we are dealing to improve the societal, economic and environmental welfare and overall human values. Some of the examples of greater good includes:
- The development of the vaccine against COVID-19 is no other than to benefit the people worldwide in the crisis. The researchers working to develop the vaccine is the best example of science working for the greater good.
- During the time of the natural disasters (For examples hurricane, earthquake etc.), accurate information and alerts can save human lives.
- Science and technology (for example virtual or online methods) transforms education by improving learning outcomes of the students specially not well-served in the traditional classroom environment.
- Science that improves the health outcome are the most valuable innovation for the patients or customers.
- The economists working to reduce the poverty and computer scientists working to develop the technology to connect the people worldwide are serving for greater good.
- Climate change is the biggest threat of this century, when it comes to saving the mother earth, the environmentalist working for reducing carbon emission; agriculturists working for the sustainability; the chemists advocating against the unnecessarily use of pesticides; the nuclear physicists working to reduce the radiation hazards are the best examples of greater good.
In 21st century, science and technology are already contributing significantly toward the greater good, with more potential applications emerging constantly. From education to environmental sustainability, innovative technologies and research can solve some of the humanity’s greatest needs in a unique way.
The main thrust of the conference includes but not limited to:
- Bring diversity through scholars from different departments of NMSU as well as different universities and countries.
- Form a platform of positive changes by sharing knowledge.
- Create network with scholars around the globe.
- Inform Las Cruces local community about the ongoing research from both graduate and undergraduate students.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 26th, 2022
- Notification to author(s)/presenter(s): April 2nd, 2022
- Conference Date: April 09th, 2022 (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time)
- Proceedings Submission Deadline: TBA
- Proceedings Publication Date: TBA
Schedule of Event(s):TBA Note: The schedule and timeline mentioned above is subject to change according to the number of presenters registered
- Oral presentations- 12 minutes (10 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for questions and answers.)
- Poster presentations- 1 hour from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm explaining their research to the audience.
Submission GuidelinesProposal Contents: Please submit your abstract with a maximum of 500 words (including title, authors, affiliations, references, presentation/poster, etc.).
OrganizerNepalese Student Association (NeSA) New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM, United States
Organizing CommitteeSharad Mahatara
Further Questions and Inquiries